The Indiana Economic Development Association defines economic development as the
facilitation of investment that leads to long-term community prosperity.
Morgan County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC) is the
countywide economic development organization serving
Morgan County, Indiana, a suburb of Indianapolis.
The MCEDC works to attract new companies to the county and
assists existing companies by providing educational opportunities and
resources that foster growth.
Who We Are
- Public-Private Partnership; 501(c)6
- Funded by Morgan County, the City of Martinsville, and the Town of Mooresville through contracts for service
- As well as Private Partners and Friends of the Board (See full Board of Directors)
- Staffed by an Executive Director and Director of Business Development
- Assisted by several volunteer Committees
- New Jobs
- Capital Investment
Our Three Pillars
- Business Attraction: Marketing, site readiness, and promoting a favorable business climate
- Business Retention & Expansion: Working with existing Morgan County businesses on growth initiatives
- Workforce Development: Partnering with educators and employers to develop and match skills for local industry needs
Learn more about Morgan County's Story!